Holiday´s at the lake Achensee – Tyrol´s largest lake
''The Achensee – Tyrol's most beautiful spot''
Since hundreds of years, the lake Achensee has drawn thousands of tourists to its lake-side with its ideal water-sport conditions. Just like a Norwegian Fjord, the lake lies between the majestic mountains - remains from a Glaciers of thousands of years ago. An Eldorado for sailors, wind and kite surfers! The Achensee Ship´s cruise around the lake during the summer months and on its shore is a large bathing area with a beach-volley-ball court. The water temperature lies between 17° and 24°and 99% of its shores are open to the public.
''When I see this lake, I don´t need any sea or ocean …''
The Achensee Region was the first Region to be named ''Vital Region'' – successful due to special vital hiking, vital running and vital x-country routes, in all its surrounding villages; not to mention special qualified ''Vital'' trainers throughout the Region.
The ''small'' Achensee is a part of the north - end of the lake which has been separated, giving a smaller and therefore, warmer water temperature for its bathers! This new investment -with its much loved swimming and bathing area - has really excelled all our expectations!
Nature Park Karwendel and the Rofan Mountains
In 1928 the '' Nature Park Karwendel'' was the first named Tyrolean Nature Reserve. With an area of around 727 quadrate meters it is the largest nature reserve in the northern limestone Alps. It gives a natural living area to many wild animals, forests, flowers and rivers – an exceptional space!
We have chosen 10 incredible spots for you, which you shouldn´t miss:
- ''Großer Ahornboden'' – an unique cultural landscape with a sheer rocks
- ''Hafelekar'' – the gateway into the ''Karwendel'' Mountains and Nature Park
- ''Halltal'' – a valley rich in history
- ''Isarursprung''- source of the river ''Isar'' in Tyrol
- ''Karwendelgrube'' – with a telescope –fantastic viewing point
- ''Mondscheinspitze'' – a special mountain peak which can be enjoyed during the day
- ''Naturparkhaus Karwendel'' – a very different kind a museum
- ''Wallfahrtsort St. Georgenberg'' – Closter set in the Tyrolean Mountains
- '' Wolfsklamm'' – discover here the elemental force of water
- ''Gleirschklamm'' – an untamed white water river